University of Manitoba in Canada is granting the International Entrance Scholarships to persons who are looking to pursue a degree program at the university.
This International Entrance Scholarships opportunity provides scholarship awards to recognize and reward the brilliance of incoming international candidates.
International Entrance Scholarships at University of Manitoba
International Baccalaureates Entrance Scholarships
These International Entrance Scholarships are granted to candidates who are entering university for the first time based on the full International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Seven award tiers will be set, with the needed points and the worth of award determined yearly. As an instance, the 2019-2020 tiers and the corresponding award values are as follows:
Candidates who have prior to now received a University of Manitoba Entrance Scholarship award which is equal to or more than the amount in their IB tier listed above will not get any additional funding. Candidates whose UM Entrance Scholarship award amount is less than their IB tier will obtain an award for the difference.
This award is available to scholars from any province or nation.
Candidates will require:
- Conclusion of the full diploma program, with conclusion of the course Theory of Knowledge, the final essay and participation in volunteer work through the CAS (extra-mural, community services undertakings) constituent;
- At least a grade of 4 or better on each of the three higher level and the three supplementary level papers;
- Handing in of IB grades to the University of Manitoba Financial Aid and Awards Office by September 1st.
Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Enhancement Scholarships
Candidates who have been found to be eligible for International Entrance Scholarships at University of Manitoba and have also attained exceptional results in either the Advanced Placement (AP) exams or the International Baccalaureate (IB) higher level and standard level papers, may obtain an extra award which is added to their entrance scholarship award.
For every superior AP or IB result, UM Entrance Scholarship award beneficiaries may have their awards increased by:
- $250 for each AP result of 5
- $150 for each AP result of 4
- $250 for each IB result of 7 on higher level papers
- $200 for each IB result of 6 on higher level papers and 7 on standard level papers
- $150 for each I.B. result of five on higher level papers
Candidates will require:
- To be nominated or chosen for any University of Manitoba Entrance Scholarship award; and
- AP or IB grades as listed above; and
- Handing in of final IB or AP results to the Financial Aid and Awards Office by September 1st.
Candidates are implored to submit AP grades to both the Admissions Office (for AP university credit) and Financial Aid and Awards Office (for Enhancement Scholarship award deliberation). The personnel at either office will be able to make certified copies to make sure that AP result are sent to the appropriate offices.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Master’s degree or Graduate Diploma
Value of Award: Differential tuition fee
Number of Awards: Not Known
Eligibility for International Entrance Scholarships at University of Manitoba
To be eligible, applicants must;
- be an international student.
- have attained a minimum admission GPA of 3.5 on the basis of their last 60 credit hours (or equivalent) of study or last equivalent two full years.
- not be beneficiaries of external scholarship award that pays for their tuition.
- be able to provide proof of an adequate level of English adeptness. For more details, go through the English language criteria
How to Apply for International Entrance Scholarships at University of Manitoba
Candidates are required to secure admission in the Master’s degree program or graduate diploma at the university, and if qualified, candidates will be evaluated automatically during the admission procedure (i.e., when a suggested and complete application is gotten by the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) by the admissions closing date, FGS admissions staff will compute the GPA to determine if the candidate qualifies for the award).
For More Information, Visit The Official Website