Are you an International Student? Are you considering studying your degree program in Germany? Universität Hamburg assists its foreign students on their way to the successful conclusion of their degree programs with degree completion grants.
Degree completion grants are typically granted for 6 months. The monthly value of funding varies between €200 and a maximum of €720. Each funding value is calculated in line with the respective income.
If the final exam is not concluded within the 6-month period, a leeway may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
Candidates pursuing Magister, Diplom, or Staatsexamen degrees may apply for a 12-month award with their initial application.
- 1st June
- 1st December
Eligible Countries: International
Eligibility for Degree Completion Grants at Universität Hamburg
To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Ezera Research Fellowship at University of California in USA 2021
- University of New Haven International Scholarships in USA 2021
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2021/2022 (4,000 Scholarships fully-funded to USA)
- Penn GSE-UNESCO Fellowship at University of Pennsylvania in USA 2021
- UTC International Undergraduate Student Scholarships in USA
- International Awards at Bates College, USA
- not be German citizens;
- not be qualified for BAföG (federal student loan scheme);
- be getting ready for or are in the last examination phase of their education;
- possess no financial aid during this phase (evidence required).
Merit scholarship awards are granted by a committee encompassing members of the faculties and the ASTA (student council).
They will notify you via email roughly 4 weeks after the application deadline. For an update on the current status of your application, please see the notifications in the portal.
How to Apply for Degree Completion Grants at Universität Hamburg
For the applicable application periods, please make use of the corresponding application link and login using your STiNE ID (comprehensive instructions on applying online are obtainable here):
Application deadlines 1 June/1 December
Online applications require the following documents:
- reason for your application
- schedule describing all stages leading to your final examination
- an assessment from the advisor of your final thesis
You are required to upload these credentials to the online application portal.
Visit The Official Webpage For More Information
- 1st June
- 1st December