The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) to improve disease surveillance as well as detection and management of outbreaks and thus strengthen the public health service in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – State Public Health Emergency Operations Centres Network
Outline Job Description
- Support the development of a strategy and implementation plan to address ongoing gaps in the operations of Public Health EOCs in Nigeria, based on recent assessment
- Develop a framework for standardization of Public Health EOCs in Nigeria
- Support the development of Nigeria’s EOC network including modalities for collaboration, communication, data sharing, training etc
- Support the development and update of standard operating procedures for use by Public Health EOCs in Nigeria
- Support the design and implementation of simulation exercises for public health emergencies/disasters, as well as webinars and other training for the network.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of Public Health.
- Demonstrable experience in emergency preparedness and response programmes/response to outbreaks and other Public Health events
- Demonstrable experience in conducting training activities including simulation exercises
- Knowledge of the role of Emergency Operations Centres within the Nigerian context is essential
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Proven ability to produce precise reports and briefs with attention to detail
- Proven experience of stakeholder engagement
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of relevant social, political, and ethical issues
- Ability to work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex operations and teams
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills – Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working relationships with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control National Reference Laboratory staff, State level laboratory colleagues and other stakeholders at national and State levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team working skills.
The position carry a competitive remuneration package.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.